Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Area: Ottawa, KSCompanions: Elder Cox & Elder Timmreck
 
Email address:  kenneth.jensen@myldsmail.net  
 
Mailing Address:
Elder Kenneth Jensen
Missouri Independence Mission
517 W Walnut St
Independence, MO 64050

This week has been pretty boring honestly. I thought that my mission was making me less sarcastic, but I am realizing I am still just a sarcastic as before.

We did a bunch of service for a family (the Machnikis) who is moving outside of town into town. So we moved 12 book cases, painted a room and loaded a whole bunch of boxes into a van. That was fun.

We had dinner with the Gardners (the Bishop's family) and apparently they had contacted our parents and asked them what our favorite foods were, so that's what we had for dinner. It mostly consisted of breakfast foods :)

We learned that Elder Cox was getting transferred so we had to spend the night with a companionship who was closer to Independence. We stayed with the Stanley Elders as well as the Gardner Elders. Six Elders in one apartment, that was a fun night.


Elder Cox was transferred to Gallatin, MO which is the ward with Adam-ondi-Ahman in its boundaries. Which also is exactly where he wanted to go, so that's cool. It was awesome to serve with him and I gained a lot of knowledge and a good friend out of it.


My new companion is Elder Timmreck. He is from Stansbury Park, UT. He has been out for 16 months. He seems pretty cool, very sarcastic and intellectual. It will be an interesting transfer or two.


So Jeff Hansen (my trainer) was in the mission for a sealing and one of our recent converts picked him up and stopped in Ottawa. So I was able to see Matt and Elder Hansen, so that was kinda weird but really cool.

We had a family invite us over for a New Year's Eve party. We had dinner at another members house then went over and apparently they were planning on feeding everyone a big dinner too, so we were really stuffed that night. But it was good food.

New Year's Day was good, we had a really good Fast and Testimony meeting. We had a super cool lesson with a few less active guys. They basically committed themselves to come to church on Sunday. In the closing prayer he even asked for extra strength to come to church.

Thank you all for everything that you guys have done for me, it has been a blast so far. I hit my year mark on the 6th of Jan. - so this Friday. Thank you for making 2016 amazing and I hope that 2017 will be great for all you as well.

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment